Founded by Craig Makhosi Charnock in 2006
- Makhosi learnt isiMpondo (a mix of isiZulu and isiXhosa), as a young adult and is still learning today, thus everything he designs for the learners is tried, tested and tweaked, based on his own experiences and challenges.
- His method of teaching, as found in the Audio CDs (now available as downloads on our store) and manuals has proved to be just the right formula for other adults and teens from all backgrounds taking on a third language, and his courses and audio learning products enjoy popularity with Xhosa enthusiasts around the world.
ABOUT UBuntu Bridge
- Started in 2005, as a social enterprise (currently registered as 1 to 1 Learn Xhosa CC), with a triple bottom line of people, planet and profit, UBuntu Bridge has brought Xhosa and Zulu language and culture courses in Corporates, Government departments, NGOs, Schools and to adult groups from the general public.
- We train and employ excellent Xhosa facilitators whose energy and enthusiasm inspire and motivate the learners.
- We use innovative and creative video, online training and digital materials to provide learners with convenient, fun and engaging ways to learn Xhosa
- Our materials are known widely as an excellent place to start learning about Xhosa language and culture.
- UB intends to develop accredited courses for mother tongue African language speakers to teach their own languages as a foreign language. Essentially TEFL but for Xhosa (TXFL) and Zulu (TZFL).
“Babalwa was Brilliant! Enkosi sisi”. Galiema Ait Ouaala, Old Mutual.
“It was well presented & Babalwa was such an enjoyable teacher. Classes were fun & enlightening”. Amanda Naidoo, Old Mutual.
About Deon Nebulane:
“Deon was a great teacher, he made sure I was relaxed and helped me learn very quickly”. Ian M.
“Amazing tutoring and facilitation, he really walked us through it patiently and practically” Louis R, Media24
“Deon was fantastic, passionate and committed” Mathilda V
Media & Press