“Dear UBuntu Bridge, I joined your two introductory courses about five years ago. Since then I’ve been practising and learning as I interact. You gave us the right tools to go out and learn on our own. I work at a Hospital and I love that now if our interpreter is off work, my colleagues call me to interpret in their treatment sessions! Thanks,” Ingrid Vr, 2016
About Our Xhosa Classes
Classes are relaxed and enjoyable, and form part of either a Level 1, 2 or 3 Course. Interesting and insightful culture topics are included on the Audio CDs and Mp3s and discussed in each class.
The Public Courses Include:
- Lessons from an awesome and experienced facilitator, or two
- 8 sessions of 90 minute lessons in a comfortable, relaxing space.
- Revision time before and at beginning of each class.
- 2 x interactive Audio CDs (OR downloadable Mp3 option) and corresponding A5 manual
- Homework emails, with Pin-up Phrase Sheets after every lesson sent by email and Whatsapp.
- Facebook community support group and language learning cultural events
- Contemporary and relevant Culture Insights.
- Fun, Confident and Practical progress.
- Receive Certifi-beads on completion of course and assessment competency.
- Supportive online Videos: Click for X-Click Sample
- Xhosa Each Level Course Content: VIEW COURSE CONTENT HERE
Worried about missing a class due to work / travel / etc?
Its unlikely you or any students will ever make every single class in a course so we make sure you don’t get lost or left behind if committed to the learning process:
- The printed and interactive audio materials (CDs and digital download versions onto computers, ipods, etc) cover the class content exactly plus more.
- Homework emails are sent after each class with Pin-up phrase sheets summarising the most important phrases up to that point.
- We do revision at beginning of each lesson from the previous classes content
- We provide whatsapp (061 821 4717) /email support for questions that pop up.
- You can also ask on Facebook to get facilitator or peer support: https://web.facebook.com/groups/UBisiXhosaSupport/ (secret password: umfundi)
- Repeat future courses by prior arrangement and space allowing!
Xhosa Classes Public Venue – NEWLANDS:
Classes have traditionally taken place in Lesley Charnock’s Art studio/gallery in Montebello Design Centre, off Newlands Avenue, Newlands, Cape Town, 18h30 – 20h00. Alternate course venues will be included in a course description. Please see google map to the right!
Prices and Specials:
Full investment for any 8 Lesson Course, including Manuals, 2 x Audio CDs and assessments: R1950 Early pay discounts (payment date specified in registration info email): R1750 Concessions for SA students, OAPs, or anyone struggling financially: R150 discount on above! Use coupon: “Nceda” and send us an email with ID/Student Card.
Cape Town Course Dates 2019
|Course Code||LEVEL||VENUE||DAYS OF THE WEEK||START DATE||END DATE||PER WEEK||COST||STATUS|
|1||Newlands||Wednesdays, 18h30-20h00||10 July||28 Aug||1x weekly, 8 lessons||R1950 (R1750*)||Bookings Open|
|1905||1||Muizenberg||Wednesdays 09h30-11h00||22 May||
|1x weekly||R1500*||In process|
|1906||2||Newlands||Mondays 18h30-20h00||20 May||8 July||1x Weekly||R1750*||In Process|
|Flexible||Anytime OR June 2019||8|
* Limited amounts of early pay discounts at various times, usually announced by email.
Certifi-Beads are our new visual form of beaded bracelet certification that motivate and inspire learning and speaking after a course. Those who pass our assessments will receive a PDF or printed certificate as usual on request, but who needs a printed certificate for language proficiency? Language is forgotten if not used regularly! This is our creative and enjoyable solution. More info here
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I can’t think of anything to improve upon. The facilitation was superb. They made sure to maintain a speed that was comfortable for everyone, and also made us feel at ease to ask questions throughout the course. The combination of the CD and book really worked well. The book was great for working in class and at home, while I found listening to the CD whilst driving to/from class was great to recap on the lesson. The cultural pieces were so insightful and it offers so much more than simply learning the language without the context. The facilitator was hilarious and made a great effort to make sure we were enjoying the course and didn’t get lost along the way. The course also exposed me to many interesting, like-minded people which only made it all the more fun. Huge thank you to UBuntu Bridge for such outstanding work and efforts in bridging the gaps between the people of South Africa. Enkosi” Chanté Vi, 2016
Please send us an email if interested in a current or upcoming courses. We will keep you informed. Closer to the time of the course we will email requesting payment to confirm your place or to let us know if you cannot attend. Dates and details are announced via the newsletter. bookings: bookings (at) learnxhosa . co . za or enquiries: 061 821 4717 (whatsapp message or sms please – we can call you back)