“Dear UBuntu Bridge,
I joined your two introductory courses about five years ago. Since then I’ve been practising and learning as I interact. You gave us the right tools to go out and learn on our own. I work at a Hospital and I love that now if our interpreter is off work, my colleagues call me to interpret in their treatment sessions! Thanks,”
Ingrid Vr, 2016
About Our Courses
Classes are relaxed and enjoyable. Interesting and insightful culture topics are included on the CDs and Mp3s and discussed in each class.
The Public Courses Include:
- Lessons from an awesome and experienced facilitator, or two
- 8 sessions of 90 minute lessons in a comfortable, relaxing space.
- Revision time before and at beginning of each class.
- 2 x interactive Audio CDs (OR downloadable Mp3 option) and corresponding A5 manual
- Homework emails, with Pin-up Phrase Sheets after every lesson sent by email and Whatsapp.
- Facebook community support group and language learning cultural events
- Contemporary and relevant Culture Insights.
- Fun, Confident and Practical progress.
- Supportive online Videos: Click for X-Click Sample
- Xhosa Each Level Course Content: VIEW COURSE CONTENT HERE
Classes have traditionally taken place in Lesley Charnock’s
Art studio/gallery in Montebello Design Centre, off Newlands Avenue, Newlands, Cape Town. Alternate course venues will be included in a course description. Please see google map to the right!
Prices and Specials:
Full investment for any 8 Lesson Course, including Manuals, 2 x Audio CDs and assessments: R1800
Early pay discounts (payment date specified in registration info email): R1700
Concessions for SA students, OAPs, or anyone struggling financially: R150 discount on above!
Cape Town Course Dates 2017
“I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I can’t think of anything to improve upon. The facilitation was superb. They made sure to maintain a speed that was comfortable for everyone, and also made us feel at ease to ask questions throughout the course.
The combination of the CD and book really worked well. The book was great for working in class and at home, while I found listening to the CD whilst driving to/from class was great to recap on the lesson.
The cultural pieces were so insightful and it offers so much more than simply learning the language without the context.
The facilitator was hilarious and made a great effort to make sure we were enjoying the course and didn’t get lost along the way. The course also exposed me to many interesting, like-minded people which only made it all the more fun.
Huge thank you to UBuntu Bridge for such outstanding work and efforts in bridging the gaps between the people of South Africa. Enkosi” Chanté Vi, 2016
Email: Bookings at learnxhosa dot co dot za
OR Please fill out this form if interested in a current or upcoming course. We will keep you informed. Closer to the time of the course we will email requesting payment to confirm your place or to let us know if you cannot attend.