Let’s learn Xhosa together – Masifunde isiXhosa kunye!
How we help you learn Xhosa:
We offer a number of fun, convenient avenues for you to learn isiXhosa, all of which connect back to our mission of learning together, creating community, bridging gaps and building unity in our diverse communities.
Our primary offerings include:
- ONLINE COURSES:
Self-study AND supported courses
- SELF-STUDY MATERIALS:
Purchase and download our popular self-study digital download packages
- WHATSAPP Courses:
Convenient and fun, bite-sized for daily learning on the run!
- XHOSA VILLAGE RETREATS:
YhoXhosa (Yoga and Xhosa) in the Eastern Cape, supporting local small businesses and delighting in beauty and relaxation!
Which course is for you?
Each pathway will get you to the same place (which is talking Xhosa – we guarantee), and you just need to decide which way your budget and learning style prefers. More info and links follow below on each!
Our premium and recommended pathway for it’s convenience, ease of access to content and integrated community!
- NEW ONLINE SEMESTER: STARTS 18 January 2021
- including weekly Lectures + coaching
The ONLINE COURSE includes:
- The Pdfs and interactive audio of the download packs,
- Plus a community of fellow learners,
- An online course structure that includes engaging videos and other bonus content,
- As well as multiple avenues of support and motivation
Online Course Package Options:
Learn at your own pace, getting support through our facebook community
Includes live tutoring at convenient times live on Zoom in small groups
Includes additional one-on-one coaching sessions for personalised guidance, practice and support
Our online courses come with our UB Guarantee:
- We trust our content, our design, our tutors and our team to give you an enjoyable experience and the results you want, otherwise we don’t want your money!
- Complete the course and if not happy with our service or your outcomes, just let us know!
“This is the first online course I have signed up for and I think it is really excellent.
The weekly Zoom conversations hold me accountable to make sure I have gone through all the material, and I really feel like I am making practical progress. The tutors are legends.
Before signing up, I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to learn a new language, but the way the course is structured really does make learning feel possible!
The additional lecture to briefly go over the content is also super helpful!
I don’t think there is much you can do to improve an already excellent experience.
Ndiyabulela for this course and your team! Enkosi kakhulu!”Samantha B, July 2020
Online Course Bookings:
For future enrollment dates and other important announcements, please:
Self-Study Digital Downloads
- If you have discipline and motivation, and just want the course content on PDF with interactive audio for you to listen and practice along with on the go, then get the Conversational isiXhosa Level 1 Digital Download for R550. We have sold this product, or its previous version for 15 years to many happy customers!
New offering – Whatsapp Course
- We now offer a Whatsapp course, which makes up with convenience what it lacks in easy navigational structure!
- Bite-sized chunks are delivered daily to you, keeping you on track step by step with your learning
- The monthly payment plan makes it easier on the budget
Cultural & Language Immersions
YhoXhosa Village Retreats
- In many ways the heart and roots of UBuntu Bridge, which started from a yoga practice in the lalies, and a desire to build bridges of unity and shared prosperity in South Africa.
- These retreats help nurture village communities and provide participants with an incredible relaxing experience of an older way of life.
- An unforgettable, rare experience that dramatically improves your Xhosa speaking ability and appreciation of the culture!