LEVEL 1 CONFIDENT ISIXHOSA (4 weeks, 8 lessons), NEWLANDS Evenings
- Description: Level 1 CONFIDENT ISIXHOSA
- Times: 6.20 for 6.30pm – 8pm, twice weekly, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Dates: Wednesday 1 November – Monday 27 November 2017
- Venue: Montebello, Newlands (map and directions below)
- Includes: Level 1 manual and 2 audio Cds, but see further below!
- More info about the Courses here!
Worried about missing a class due to work / travel / etc?
Its unlikely you or any students will ever make every single class in a course so we make sure you don’t get lost or left behind if committed to the learning process:
- The printed and interactive audio materials (CDs and digital download versions onto computers, ipods, etc) cover the class content exactly plus more.
- Homework emails are sent after each class with Pin-up phrase sheets summarising the most important phrases up to that point.
- We do revision at beginning of each lesson from the previous classes content
- We provide whatsapp/email support for questions that pop up.
LEVEL 1 Content:
Confident Xhosa/Zulu Essentials (8 classes)
The Level 1 course and CDs focus on the essentials of learning to speak Xhosa including:
– pronunciation and greetings,
– identifying Xhosa people
– appropriate cultural insights
– verb based sentence construction
– “escape sentences” for when things get out of control
– everything required for polite, social and respectful introductions.
Lesson 1: Pronunciation, reading the language and Greetings
Lesson 2: Introduction to Verbs and Prefixes
Lesson 3: Sentence Building Blocks and CRUCIAL 1st Sentences
Lesson 4: Greetings, Names and Appropriate Titles
Lesson 5: Introductions and Pleasantries
Lesson 6: Integration Orals and “Where are you learning Xhosa?”
Lesson 7: Clarification Phrases
Lesson 8: Assessments
Dates and details are announced via the newsletter. Use Contact Form below or Email us to be kept informed (bookings at learnxhosa dot co dot za)!No Fields Found.