SUPPORTED ONLINE COURSE – Level 1
- The supported course is only open for limited periods (03 August 2020 – 28 September)
- Next enrollment deadline: end July 2020
- Discounts and limited spaces available until Friday 3 July 2020
Future enrollment deadline: to be announced via newsletter
“The course has improved my respect and communication with Xhosa people.
– Theo S (WCGRB)
“This is the first online course I have signed up for and I think it is really excellent. The weekly Zoom conversations hold me accountable to make sure I have gone through all the material, and I really feel like I am making practical progress. Deon is a legend. Before signing up, I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to learn a new language, but the way the course is structured really does make learning feel possible! The additional lecture to briefly go over the content is also super helpful! I don’t think there is much you can do to improve an already excellent experience.
Ndiyabulela for this course and your team! Enkosi kakhulu!”
– Samantha B, July 2020
View Course Platform, Curriculum and Sales Page at:
This is the worthwhile Xhosa conversational beginners course you have been looking for. It covers all the most practical essentials of grammar and vocab, using and learning only what is immediately needed in conversations. We teach you how to say it and when to say it.
“Highly recommended. The lessons are straightforward, well spelled-out,
paced correctly and broad enough to cover the basics.”
– Linda C, Communications Manager at M2M NGO
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- pronouncing words and names correctly!
- master the Clicks quickly!
- useful cultural insights
- reading the language like a pro
- learn crucial sentence Building Blocks so you understand how to build sentences
- confidently say the most important sentences there are when learning Xhosa!
- use the most respectful and friendly titles
- greeting individuals and groups with confidence
- introduce yourself politely
- learn to recognise and answer the “Inevitable Xhosa Questions”, that you will always be asked by Xhosa speakers!
- learn clarification Phrases to help you get clarity and understanding, but using Xhosa!
- polite and slang Farewells
Choice of Two-Track content: Easy and Deeper
- EASY track: if you find yourself in a rush in any or all weeks, just learn the key phrases from our summary lesson, then practice them in your zoom session, and you will be on track to finish the course!
- DEEPER track: includes all relevant grammar and vocab and additional content for those who want to engage the material more thoroughly.
- WEEKLY, flexible, Conversational Zoom sessions:
- (Now 3 students max in a class over 15 minutes) for more focus and less time commitment for you!
“I have been to three Xhosa courses before, but for the first time did I
learn how to construct sentences and hey, wena NDITHETHA NGOKU (I talk now!)”
– Philip J O, a.k.a. Mzivukile – Chief Executive Officer, Machaira Group (PTY) LTD
PACKAGE 1 – “AMA-BARE BONES”:
- includes access to online course and all course materials
- Downloadable eBook & audio mp3s
- Fun edutaining Videos
- with email / whatsapp reminders
- final assessment session
- Plus Facebook community support group access
- Plus bonus weekly lecture / replays
PACKAGE 2 – “AMA-ZOOMZOOM”: (limited number available)
- Everything from Ama-BareBones package
- includes access to online course and all download materials
- 8 x Weekly, flexible Zoom Focus sessions
- (choosing from flexible available slots, each week)
- Small groups, for focussed short sessions
PACKAGE 3 – “AMA-COACH”: (*only 5 per course*)
- everything from the above packages
- Plus 4 x additional Coaching and Mastermind sessions
- For anyone struggling financially, especially South Africans, please just let us know, and we can share available discounts.
- All discounts via email:
ABOUT UBuntu Bridge:
Since 2006, we have been teaching beginners to speak isiXhosa. With thousands of happy students and hundreds of thousands of views on our Youtube Videos, we are one of the most popular and enjoyed course providers in Mzantsi (South Africa), Wakhanda, (sorry.. Makhanda) and even eMerika (kwaTrump).
Read more here:
WHO WILL BE TEACHING YOU?
Founder of UBuntu Bridge, Craig Makhosi, learnt Xhosa as an adult, and is still learning. This is why he has such deep empathy for beginners to advanced learners and why he is able to teach at a level that people are able to understand and grasp quickly. He will teach you practical strategies and lead you through all the essentials of basic Xhosa conversational skills, primarily using videos, sometimes with the help of Lazola and Zikhona), but also providing downloadable audio files and text lessons!
Deon Xhamela Nebulane:
Mother tongue speaker and co-lead facilitator at UBuntu Bridge for 0ver 10 years, Deon Nebulane, will provide live support on whatsapp, Zoom and the Facebook support group, as you progress through the course to ensure your engagement, enjoyment and completion. Deon teaches regularly in large corporations, government department and NGOs all over Cape Town.
“The teachers genuinely understood our frustration of trying to grasp the clicks and the grammar and was incredibly patient with all of us. Their obvious enthusiasm and love of Xhosa was infectious! ” Corrin H ,Crisis Manager, Price Waterhouse Coopers
“The way the course is presented by you is really great. It creates a relaxed atmosphere and the students participate easily. We really enjoyed the experience and will promote your course further amongst our colleagues” – Wynand Vivier Dept of Premier – CEI, Cape Town