When does the next Course start?
- The supported and coached packages (info below) of the course are only open for limited 8 week semesters
- Next Semester: 05 October 2020 – 30 November 2020
- Discounts and limited spaces – enquire by email!
Are you ready for LEVEL 2:
Keen to move from beginner to conversational speaker?
We are here to help keep you building conversational competence and confidence through:
This is the worthwhile Xhosa conversational beginners course you have been looking for. It covers all the most practical essentials of grammar and vocab, using and learning only what is immediately needed in conversations.
- Focussing purely on practical application of new content learnt
- Practicing isiXhosa Qha!
- New conversationally useful content each week, over 8 weeks
View the online platform, the course curriculum and ALL info (below or) on the course at this link:
- The supported course will run for 8 weeks for you to complete the content.
- Weekly Live Lectures or Replays
- 24/7 access to the online platform, with videos, audio and full lessons, including downloadable content
- Weekly Focus Zoom Sessions (only on amaZoomZoom and amaCoach Packages) with a mother tongue facilitator (numerous time slots to choose from) – From Wednesday lunch times until Saturday afternoon, choose and reschedule each week as you need.
- Package details further down.
- Community connection platforms on whatsapp and facebook!
- Watch a replay of our Xhosa learning Strategy Webinar:
“The course has improved my respect and communication with Xhosa people.
– Theo S (WCGRB)
Choice of Two-Track content: Easy and Deeper
- EASY track: if you find yourself in a rush in any or all weeks, just learn the key phrases from our summary lesson, then practice them in your zoom session, and you will be on track to finish the course!
- DEEPER track: includes all relevant grammar and vocab and additional content for those who want to engage the material more thoroughly.
- WEEKLY, flexible, Conversational Zoom sessions:
- (Now 4 students max in a class over 20 minutes) for more focus and less time commitment for you!
Bonus – Weekly lectures:
- We will be offering a weekly live lecture or a replay at the beginning of each week, for anyone to attend or watch
- Lectures provide an overview of the essential content for that week and give you an extra level of support to stay on track!
- Lectures will cover the easy and deep track content for that week!
What will you learn in Level 2?
- new vital vocab, only the most important and useful words, not just long vocab lists!
- balanced with useful and practical grammar insights
- asking and answering common questions
- confident use of clarification Phrases to help you get clarity and understanding, but using Xhosa!
- Past and Future Tense
- Speaking about time!
- Dramatically improved speaking confidence
“Love the lessons; bite-size/easily digestible and not intimidating at all. Thanks UBuntu noMakhosi!”
L Van Zyl
“I feel far more able to hold a conversation and I am more willing to engage with people. It opens up a whole new dimension to living in my own country.”
Dr K Meiring
“I have been to three Xhosa courses before, but for the first time did I
learn how to construct sentences and hey, wena NDITHETHA NGOKU (I talk now!)”
– Philip J O, a.k.a. Mzivukile – Chief Executive Officer, Machaira Group (PTY) LTD
PACKAGE 1 – “Ama-BareBones”:
- includes access to online course and all course materials
- Downloadable eBook & audio mp3s
- Fun edutaining Videos
- with email / whatsapp reminders
- final assessment session
- Plus Facebook community support group access
- Plus bonus weekly lecture / replays
- OPEN anytime
- Select at top of product page: R2500
PACKAGE 2 – “AMA-ZoomZoom”: (limited number available)
- Everything from Ama-BareBones package
- includes access to online course and all download materials
- 8 x Weekly, flexible Zoom Focus sessions
- (choosing from flexible available slots, each week)
- Small groups, for focussed short sessions
- OPEN only during semesters
- Select at top of product page: R3500
PACKAGE 3 – “Ama-Coach”: (*only 5 per course*)
- everything from the above packages
- Plus weekly additional Group and additional Coaching sessions
- OPEN only during semesters
- Select at top of product page: R5500
Future enrollment deadline and discounts to be announced via newsletter
- For anyone struggling financially, especially South Africans, please just let us know, and we can share available discounts.
- All discounts via email:
ABOUT UBuntu Bridge:
Since 2006, we have been teaching beginners to speak isiXhosa. With thousands of happy students and hundreds of thousands of views on our Youtube Videos, we are one of the most popular and enjoyed course providers in Mzantsi (South Africa), Wakhanda, (sorry.. Makhanda) and even eMerika (kwaTrump).
Read more here:
WHO WILL BE TEACHING YOU?
Founder of UBuntu Bridge, Craig Makhosi, learnt Xhosa as an adult, and is still learning. This is why he has such deep empathy for beginners to advanced learners and why he is able to teach at a level that people are able to understand and grasp quickly. He will teach you practical strategies and lead you through all the essentials of basic Xhosa conversational skills, primarily using videos, sometimes with the help of Lazola and Zikhona), but also providing downloadable audio files and text lessons!
Deon Xhamela Nebulane:
Mother tongue speaker and co-lead facilitator at UBuntu Bridge for 0ver 10 years, Deon Nebulane, will provide live support on whatsapp, Zoom and the Facebook support group, as you progress through the course to ensure your engagement, enjoyment and completion. Deon teaches regularly in large corporations, government department and NGOs all over Cape Town.
“The teachers genuinely understood our frustration of trying to grasp the clicks and the grammar and was incredibly patient with all of us. Their obvious enthusiasm and love of Xhosa was infectious! ” Corrin H ,Crisis Manager, Price Waterhouse Coopers
“The way the course is presented by you is really great. It creates a relaxed atmosphere and the students participate easily. We really enjoyed the experience and will promote your course further amongst our colleagues” – Wynand Vivier Dept of Premier – CEI, Cape Town