PLEASE NOTE: CHANGED TO ONCE WEEKLY CLASSES!!!
LEARN XHOSA ONCE WEEKLY – April 2019
LEVEL 2 CONFIDENT CONVERSATIONAL PROGRESSION in XHOSA (8 weeks, 8 lessons), NEWLANDS Evenings
8 Lessons, once weekly, Mondays
WHEN: Starting around Monday 01 April 2018
TIMES: 6.20 for 6.30pm – 8pm
VENUE: Montebello, Newlands (map and directions below)
INCLUDES: Level 1 manual and 2 audio Cds or downloadable mp3s, but see further below!
Further Course Details below:
About Our Courses
Classes are relaxed and enjoyable. Interesting and insightful culture topics are included on the CDs and Mp3s and discussed in each class.
The Public Courses Include:
- Lessons from an awesome and experienced facilitator, or two
- 8 sessions of 90 minute lessons in a comfortable, relaxing space.
- Revision time before and at beginning of each class.
- 2 x interactive Audio CDs (OR downloadable Mp3 option) and corresponding A5 manual
- Homework emails, with Pin-up Phrase Sheets after every lesson sent by email and Whatsapp.
- Facebook community support group and language learning cultural events
- Contemporary and relevant Culture Insights.
- Fun, Confident and Practical progress.
- Supportive online Videos: Click for X-Click Sample
- Xhosa Each Level Course Content: VIEW COURSE CONTENT HERE
Worried about missing a class due to work / travel / etc?
Its unlikely you or any students will ever make every single class in a course so we make sure you don’t get lost or left behind if committed to the learning process:
- The printed and interactive audio materials (CDs and digital download versions onto computers, ipods, etc) cover the class content exactly plus more.
- Homework emails are sent after each class with Pin-up phrase sheets summarising the most important phrases up to that point.
- We do revision at beginning of each lesson from the previous classes content
- We provide whatsapp (061 821 4717) /email support for questions that pop up.
- You can also ask on Facebook to get facilitator or peer support: https://web.facebook.com/groups/UBisiXhosaSupport/ (secret password: umfundi)
- Repeat future courses by prior arrangement and space allowing!
Classes have traditionally taken place in Lesley Charnock’s
Art studio/gallery in Montebello Design Centre, off Newlands Avenue, Newlands, Cape Town. Alternate course venues will be included in a course description. Please see google map to the right!